11868Re: [hreg] Re: Vehicle-to-house

  • William Swann
    Jul 6, 2014
      I'm not hacking them. But they fail to convert if the grid signal is not present. And rightly so. But I heard that you could trick them by making a 220 volt "faux" grid signal. But the problem is that the energy harvested has to go to a load equal in value. That is a challenge. Remember the physics principal that energy can not be created or destroyed. Recently SMA came out with a grid tie inverter that would supply a 1600 watt load. I'm sure the SMA unit is careful to generate exactly what the load is, and throttles back for lesser loads.

      Thanks, Bill Swann

      On Jul 6, 2014, at 7:05 PM, "'Kevin Conlin' kevin@... [hreg]" <hreg@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      In that case it’s very doable

      It sounds like a 2 phase inverter is simply a 120/240 output, and most micro inverters can be fooled by that if it’s 60Hz

      So now we’re hacking micro-inverters?

      This group is learning fast…..:-)