11738National Solar Shout Out Day

  • Violeta Archer
    Jan 24, 2014
      Folks,

      Today is National "Solar Shout Out" Day. If you'd like to show your support, please follow instructions below.

      Best regards,

      Violeta Archer
      HREG president

      ***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

      TODAY IS
      NATIONAL "SHOUT OUT FOR SOLAR" DAY

      Throughout the U.S.A.

      January 24, 2014

      It’s hard to believe it’s been 40 years since SEIA’s founding members met on January 24, 1974 to discuss the possibility of establishing a national solar energy trade association.

      SEIA’s very first call for legislative action came in February 1974 – and we’ve been effectively serving the industry ever since.  Day in and day out, SEIA is working hard to build a stronger solar industry.  And, clearly, these efforts are paying off!  TREIA gas a wholly owned subsidiary, TXSEIA, that is an official chapter of TREIA.  If you are a member of one of our solar policy subcommitees/e-lists you are automatically a member of TXSEIA unless you have requested to opt out.

      Today, there are nearly 120,000 Americans employed by the U.S. solar industry at more than 6,100 American companies, and we just closed the books on a record-shattering year in 2013.

      In recognition of this tremendous success, hundreds of thousands of people from across the United States and around the world are expected to take part in National “Shout Out For Solar” Day — set for Friday, January 24 — and taking place on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms. This first-of-its-type event is being enthusiastically supported by hundreds of business and environmental groups nationwide.

      What can you do to show your support on National “Shout Out For Solar” Day?

        • RSVP to the event on Facebook

        • Post a photo showing your support on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #GoSolar [If you need inspiration, check out our growing Facebook album.]

      Thank you for your continued support and membership. Let’s light up the scoreboard on January 24!

      Best regards,
      Rhone
      Rhone Resch
      President & CEO