11690Re: [hreg] kite power

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Sep 27, 2013

      Wow, I want one! My biggest design headache right now is planning my
      food forest so I can keep my wind power. If I can use wind, my battery
      bank will be a third the size I would need for solar alone. Since 80%
      of the time I have either wind or sun, it is rare for me to have neither.

      Food forests are a great way to grow a lot of food, with few inputs once
      established on a small area. A food forest can mitigate the wild swings
      in temperature that have been taking out my gardens and production,
      reduce the need for water and be incredibly productive if planned
      correctly. However, they will mess with the wind, making wind power a
      problem.

      Bright Blessings,
      Garth & Kim Travis
      www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
      Bedias, Texas

      On 9/26/2013 9:39 PM, mkewert@... wrote:
      > Check out this novel way of generating power from wind. I remember
      > hearing a paper on the concept years ago and after hearing the paper
      > thinking that it had good promise.
      > http://fuelfix.com/blog/2013/05/28/googles-latest-investment-flying-wind-turbines/

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic