      From: hreg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hreg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of mkewert@...
      Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2013 11:07 AM
      To: HREG
      Subject: [hreg] renewable electricity

      Can anyone explain what is going on with renewable content in our electricity? I'm shopping for a new provider on http://www.powertochoose.org/ and I came across this statement on the Electricity Fact Label for TruSmart Energy.
      "Renewable Content 100% (A ‘green’ product may include Texas natural gas and renewable energy.)"

      A year ago I went with Mission Power's Green product which said 100% renewable, but I always got the impression they were a natural gas company and when I asked the source they didn't answer. At renewal time they offered me 'fixed rate product' (10.3 cents) with 0% renewable. So, I'm shopping again.

      I notice that a lot of them have a $10 usage charge <1000 kwh, which seems to be designed to penalize solar or energy conservative homes. Any advice?

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic