11562Re: [hreg] Links to energy incentives/rebates for remodeling?

  • Alyssa Burgin
    Mar 18 9:19 AM
      Jim, I used to be a historical preservation contractor, with a lot of my work in Houston, and we did exactly what you describe quite often. It is the best way to gain access for new wiring and mechanical systems. But we also found that a tremendous amount of the drywall we removed had mold on the outside-facing portion, which rendered it completely unuseable for anything and frankly, severely complicated its disposal--you want to make certain you don't aerosolize the mold and spread it into the house, or particularly, into the HVAC system.

      Alyssa Burgin

      --
      Alyssa Burgin
      Executive Director