11532RE: [hreg] Solar Plan in Austin

  • Jim Duncan
    Feb 11, 2013

      Only the price of PV has dropped significantly, not their efficiency. So have tracker prices though not nearly as dramatically as PV. And using helical screw piers rather than concrete footings on megawatt arrays has kept costs for single axis trackers low enough that they are not becoming outdated any time soon. Granted the old one drive motor per ~kW of PV is way too costly but the economies of scale have helped keep the tracker market competitive.

      Jim Duncan

      North Texas Renewable Energy Inc

      www.ntrei.com

      NABCEP PV 031310-57