      From: "Tyra Rankin" <tyra@...>
      Sender: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 21:58:26 -0600
      To: <hreg@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [hreg] SRECs in Texas

      Texas has never voted for an SREC – a Solar Renewable Credit.  This is one among many reasons we don’t have more solar generation in Texas .    Texas has a Renewable Portfolio Standard that issues RECs – Renewable Energy Credits.  Solar qualifies for RECs, but the current price is so low as to be completely worthless.   You can find out more information on the ERCOT and IREC websites.

      Regards,

      Tyra