      From: ralph parrott <ralph.parrott@...>
      Subject: RE: [hreg] The "other" residential market. [5 Attachments]
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2012, 9:45 PM

      Violeta

      There are no initiatives outside of government subsidized apartments.  There are multiple challenges including the fact that the apartments are owned by investment based groups which have no incentive to spend capital on rental investments. They are often flipped every 5 years. Apartments are hard to integrate solar since most of them are multi-metered which means a solar system would have to be split off and divided by the same number of meters.  Apartment dwellers are considered to be very volatile (short term) and usually do not live in the apartment long enough to recoup their investment.

      We have installed solar on apartments but in this case the owner received both government money and rebate money, there was one point of interconnection for each building, and the energy was used to offset common lighting and not a direct benefit to the dwellers. See attached photos.

      Regards,

      Ralph Parrott

      Founder and Vice President of Business Development

      Alternative Power Solutions

      8181 Commerce Park #700

      Houston, Texas  77036

      O. 713-595-6375

      F. 713-595-6382

      C. 281-455-9083

      www.apowersolutions.com

      NEW APS Logo.jpg

      President

      http://www.txses.org/hreg

      IMPORTANT NOTICE: This transmission (including all attached pages) is intended only for the use of the named address(es), and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not a named addressee, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distributing or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy all copies and notify us immediately at this telephone number: (713) 595-6375. Thank you!