10910Re: [hreg] Re: money and mileage

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Oct 13, 2011
      While I don't know much about NG usage, I have owned several propane
      vehicles. We lost about 20% on mileage, but since propane at that time
      was half the cost of gasoline, it was efficient. That was in Canada.

      I am rural, so no natural gas out here. Propane is extremely expensive
      and not an economical option. I did look at it. I have a 98 Ford
      Ranger that could have been converted, but it would not pay. We did
      consider methane, as we would like to get into methane production, but
      that project has not even made the current todo list. I may do that in
      the future, for a runabout vehicle.

      Bright Blessings,
      Garth & Kim Travis
      www.TheRoseColoredForest.com