10908Re: [hreg] money and mileage

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Oct 13, 2011

      For a car, I drive a Toyota corolla, it gets 45 on the highway. I need
      the ability to tow a trailer of 3500 pounds. This will be a farm
      vehicle, so hauling ability is a necessity, not optional.

      When we bought the corolla in 2007, we looked at a Prius. However, the
      highway mileage was the same. Since we are rural, 90% of our driving is
      highway, so our considerations are a bit different.

      I know it doesn't make any financial sense, but I think I will vote my
      conscience with my dollars and buy the hybrid anyway.

      Bright Blessings,
      Garth & Kim Travis
      www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
      Bedias, Texas
      936-395-0110

      On 10/13/2011 7:42 AM, Mike and Barbara McGinity wrote:
      > I am not a math or numbers person and I am not familiar with the Toyota
      > Highlander, but I have a Fusion Hybrid and prior to that I had a Volvo
      > convertible. My Volvo was an older model, and I got about 23 miles on
      > the highway. I get 36 to 37 with my Fusion. The Hybrid actually gets
      > better mileage with stop and go in the city than the highway. It is at
      > 37.2 right now, but if I drive to Dallas it will go down to about 36.7.
      >
      > Don't know if this helps you make your decision, but I can say I am very
      > happy with my choice.
      >
      > Barbara McGinity

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic