1081Re: FW: [hreg] solar water tanks

  • Ryan McMullan
    Jun 8, 2001
      Regarding that solar water heater design we saw a while ago (the
      one with a single tank in a collector box), I found a possible container
      that might work for it. I came across it looking for recycling
      containers--it's called the polyethylene distribution tank and they have
      50, 80, and 125 gallon sizes. The features are:
      * Molded base attached to tank
      * vacuum relief vent
      * pressure relief vent
      * screw cap 8"
      * filler vent 4.5"
      * PVC valve train-- 1" ball
      * drop cap for spout
      * 16" clearance
      It's made by Techstar Plastics and the distributor I got a hold of is Busch
      Systens in Ontario (800-565-9931). You could probably call Techstar to get
      a distributor closer. It's pictured in white, but you could always paint
      it black if it's not available in that color.
      Does that sound like something that might work.

      Ryan

      Ryan McMullan
      Recycling Coordinator
      Rice University