      From: hreg@yahoogroups.com [mailto: hreg@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of kevin conlin
      Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 11:38 AM
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [hreg] Energy subsidies

      This came across my screen this morning....

      --Although fossil fuels are mature and renewables currently cost more,
      fossil fuels still gobble up the lion's share of subsidies. The fossil
      industry worldwide benefits from $312 billion in consumption subsidies.
      Renewables only get $57 billion. (Note: This sort of stat will make fossil
      advocates switch from arguing that 'subsidies are wrong' to 'larger
      subsidies to larger industries make sense.')

      Heliosolar Design, Inc.
      Kevin Conlin
      PH: 281-202-9629
      kevin@...