1048Re: gas prices

  • Greg Carrier
    May 30, 2001
      I am sorry that you chose to attack my logic as opposed to arguing a
      complex issue (supply/demand). My statement quoted refers to the
      fact that higher prices will deter usage. That happens far faster
      than companies can react with higher investments into creating new
      supply, which will then show the producers a lower consumption number
      than the "spike."

      Appliance and electronic producers pay little mind to making energy-
      efficient products because the average consumer doesn't care about
      that. Again, something that rising prices can aid. Personally, I
      prefer free enterprise solutions like that over increased
      governmental regulations.

      Let consumers vote with their own dollars.

      -Greg