1042Re: [hreg] Re: gas prices

  • William M. Bell, Jr.
    May 21, 2001
      From: Greg Carrier <gcarrier@...>
      To: <hreg@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2001 9:22 AM
      Subject: [hreg] Re: gas prices

      > If you
      > don't want additional drilling, let petroleum prices rise.

      I think that something is wrong with your logic. Higher oil prices mean more
      drilling and more production. The good news is that there are many existing
      fields that were marginally profitable because of low oil prices, but higher
      prices should result in more production from these fields. I don't know if
      this is enough to make a difference in the demand for new sources, however.
      Higher prices mean that PV, wind and oil producers are all in a better
      position to produce more product.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic