10398Re: [hreg] State of Texas need residents help with power conservation efforts immediately

  • Greg Tinkler
    Feb 4, 2011
      Hello Ralph,

      And if they all had geothermal, conservation wouldn't be an issue

      Sent from my Cell Phone

      On Feb 4, 2011, at 8:00 PM, "Ralph Parrott" <rwpjr13@...> wrote:

      Well stated Jim.

      Ralph Parrott
      Alternative Power Solutions
      (713) 595 6375 Off
      (281) 455 9083 Cell

      On Feb 4, 2011, at 8:29 AM, Jim Brannen <jim.brannen@...> wrote:

      This weeks rolling blackout is a perfect example of why ERCOT and the Investor Owned Utilities should be facilitating more Distributed Generation. My understanding is that they were about 4000MW short. There are millions of Texas consumers that could easily have 3kw solar p/v or small wind installations. These systems would seldom put power back on the grid, but greatly contribute to lighten the required demand. With the Texas legislature in session this is a wonderful moment to make the point to the PUC, ERCOT and our elected officials. With the budget crisis it is important to note, we are not looking for subsidies from the state, just that they facilitate distributed generation interconnection and some assistance from the utilities and Texas Rural Coops.

      Jim Brannen
      Southwest Windpower
      On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 12:58 PM, <alammey@...> wrote:

      To everyone living in Texas from Dallas to Galveston: The Electricity Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) is urging all consumers who can reduce their energy consumption to do so at this time. Severe weather has led to the loss of more than 50 power generation facilities - more than 7,000 Megawatts, and additional units are continuing to trip offline due to the extreme cold temperatures. ERCOT Grid Operations has asked the utilities/transmission providers to implement rotating outages until the load is reduced through conservation and restoration of generation units. Conservation is very critical at this time to reduce the load on the system. One megawatt is roughly enough electricity to power 200 homes. Its really just as simple as turning off lights, waiting to do laundry, powering down any electronics or products that don't need to be on at this time. Please spread the word.

      Regards,

      Alan M. Lammey
      Energy Analyst & Consultant
      Host of the 'Energy Week' Radio Program
      Website: www.TexasEnergyAnalyst.com
      Ph: 281-658-0395

      --
      Jim Brannen
      Market Development Manager, TEXAS

      This email is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this email without the author's prior permission. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachments to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses. The information contained in this communication may be confidential and may be subject to the attorney-client privilege. If you are the intended recipient and you do not wish to receive similar electronic messages from us in the future then please respond to the sender to this effect.

        ­­
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic