      From: s askew [mailto:rsaskew@...]
      Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2000 9:13 AM
      To: hreg@egroups.com
      Subject: [hreg] CEC membership

      A few comments before we officially give up the name
      HREG and become known as TXSES-Houston or
      Houston-TXSES or some other variation in the CEC
      annual registry of environmental groups. Luckily or
      not we have another year before its published again.
      Drafting a mission statement is not a big chore, I
      assumed we would have already done that. I am willing
      to put something together before the Feb. 5 meeting if
      necessary. For non-profit status I believe we can
      still use our affiliation as a TXSES chapter without
      losing our name. For board members we can use our
      current officers. This is not a very rigorous process
      as I know a group less organized than HREG that has
      joined CEC. If we want to be know primarily as TXSES
      that is fine, but I would not want to do it for the
      sake of expediency on some paperwork. I for one prefer
      HREG because the name more accurately reflects our
      mission. TXSES may be of little difference in
      actuality, but many people will see "solar" and
      nothing else. Kind of limiting in my opinion. Of
      course I could be wrong about people understanding
      what RE means as well. We need to be consistent in our
      name or we reduce our visibilty.

      http://click.egroups.com/1/646/0/_/58590/_/947545840/

      > -- 20 megs of disk space in your group's Document
      > Vault
      > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/hreg/?m=1

      http://im.yahoo.com

      -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=hreg&m=1