      From: priyanka johri <priyankajohri@...>
      Subject: No Impact man Experiment and Movie Screening
      To: "Indus Valley" <ecoliving@...>
      Date: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 1:20 PM

      Hello! Everyone
      Its been a busy summer for all of us but its almost over and that means its time to get back to work.

      We have joined hands with several of our sister organizations from Houston to Huntsville to bring several events, workshops and volunteer opportunities to our community.

      Our partners are amazing people, organizations and groups that have been working hard to make our community a better place. We are honored to have Phoenix Commotion, Living Paradigm, Houston Reuse Warehouse, Green Scene Houston, USGBC Gulf Coast, Emerging Green Builders among others join hands with us for Project Recalimed Home. Together we hope to make a difference one step at a time.
      Please join us for

      1) No Impact Man movie screening Oct 1st and one week long experiment to live no impact life starting on Oct 10th. There will be free workshops every evening during Green Week Houston while experiment goes on. We will cover topics from consumption, food and energy to water. Each workshop will give you tools to lower your impact. Movie will be screened outside. Please bring your blankets or chairs. Please no plastic watr bottles, bring reusable canteens and bug rpllent just in case. Please read further details and register on our website. Space is limited please register early.

      2) 350.org Workday. We will be joining the people all over the world on Oct 10th for 350.org workday. We will be unveiling the project Reclaimed Home and starting the deconstruction. All items will be donated to Reuse Warehouse so somone else can reuse the items we take out of the house. You can register on our website or 350.org website.

      3) Project Reclaimed Home - We are doing a Frugal Green Home Renovation and converting an old conventional home into healthy green home on a budget. Goal of the project is to prove that living healthy & green is not expnsive if choices are made that are practical. Learn what makes the biggest impact on the environment, health and the pocket books. Learn about 80-20 Solution.
      Home will be used to recoup by war veterans who are suffering from PTSD.
      Please join us for workshops or volunteer.
      Donate recycled items or new items needed for the project. Donate expertise.

      Link to Website -
      No Impact Man
      http://www.indusvalleysustainablelivinginstitute.com/No_Impact_Man_Experiment.html

      Project Reclaimed Home -
      http://www.indusvalleysustainablelivinginstitute.com/Page_2.html

      thanks
      priyanka

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Priyanka
      Priyanka Johri
      832-277-3577

      Sustainable Living Institute -   www.IndusValleySustainableLivingInstitute.com
      Green Yoga & Retreat Center - www.IndusValleyYoga.com
      Pure Mutts Animal Sanctuary - www.PureMuttsAnimalSanctuary.com
      Green Realty & EcoDesign -     www.GreenHomesEcoRealty.com

      Certified - Ecological Designer, Eco Consultant
                       Eco Broker, Green Realtor
                       Yoga Therapist, Instructor