Addition to Entry Policy for HR 2005 - Buddy System

  • kaitainen
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2004
      Blake asked me to pass this on.... Please note that applications will
      be accepted with a postmark of Jan 1, 2005 or later. As long as we
      receive it before the weekend of Feb 5th, your chances are the same
      as if you mail it this Saturday. Hope to see many of you this
      summer!

      By popular demand, we are offering the option of a "buddy system" for
      applying to the 2005 Hardrock Hundred. Under this option, two (and
      only two) runners may elect to be considered as one in the entry
      lottery, so that either both will be chosen or neither will be
      chosen. The number of tickets they will have in the weighted lottery
      is the least of what either would have had individually. If one of
      the pair qualified for automatic acceptance, they will forfeit that
      privilege.

      Note that this does not increase a runner's chance of being chosen
      over what they would have had individually, but it does greatly
      increase the chance that both runners will be chosen. It may
      decrease the chance with respect to applying individually for the
      more qualified of the pair (if one runner would have had more tickets
      than the other.) It will decrease the chance that AT LEAST one of
      the pair will be chosen. It does not affect anyone else's chance of
      being chosen. This is intended to help pairs of runners who would
      not come at all unless both are able to run.

      Each runner must still send in an application, accompanied by the
      entry fee. The entries need not be mailed in together, but each
      runner must state on their application that they are applying under
      the buddy system, and name their buddy.

      The buddies need not be related to each other in any way. If they
      are not chosen, they will be placed on the waiting list as a pair.
      If they eventually move off the waiting list onto the acceptance
      list, it will be as a pair. They can sever their buddy relationship
      at any time, as long as they both inform us of the order in which
      their names should appear on the list. If one of them withdraws from
      the acceptance or waiting list, the other will remain. The usual
      entry fee refund policies apply to each runner individually. The
      buddies are not required to run together at Hardrock.

      Hardrock entry applications will be accepted starting January 1, and
      the selection will be made on February 6. Applications are available
      at http://www.run100s.com/HR.

      Andrea Feucht
      Hardrock Hundred Board of Directors