2005 Hardrock Hundred entry form available

  • Blake P. Wood
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
      The entry form for the 2005 Hardrock Hundred has been posted at the Hardrock web site http://www.run100s.com/HR/.

      Entries will be accepted starting January 1, 2005. Don't send it early - it will be returned! The selection committee will meet on or around February 6, 2005 to fill the 125 slots. Entries must be RECEIVED by then.

      The entry requirements and selection procedure are very similar to that used in 2004, with one significant change: we've done away with the "equivalent mountain experience" acceptance criteria, so runners need to have finished one of the qualifying hundred milers in 2003 or 2004. More details are available at the web site.

      - Blake

      Blake P. Wood
      Group X-2, Thermonuclear Applications, MS-T087,
      Los Alamos Nat'l Lab, Los Alamos NM 87545
      (505) 665-6524 Fax: (505) 665-1231 bwood@...
    • Steve Pero
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
        Hi Blake...
        I've got a painting that I would like to submit for this year's finisher's print.... when and how can I do that? This is an oil, so I will probably only be able to submit a photo of it, unless you want the original mailed... If I remember from previous year's, you start asking for these around the first of theyear, but I wasn't sure...
        thanks!
        deb
        Entries will be accepted starting January 1, 2005. Don't send it early - it will be returned! The selection committee will meet on or around February 6, 2005 to fill the 125 slots. Entries must be RECEIVED by then.

        The entry requirements and selection procedure are very similar to that used in 2004, with one significant change: we've done away with the "equivalent mountain experience" acceptance criteria, so runners need to have finished one of the qualifying hundred milers in 2003 or 2004. More details are available at the web site.

        - Blake

        Blake P. Wood
        Group X-2, Thermonuclear Applications, MS-T087,
        Los Alamos Nat'l Lab, Los Alamos NM 87545
        (505) 665-6524 Fax: (505) 665-1231 bwood@...

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • kaitainen
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 15, 2004
          As per Blake's notes below, please remember that ENTRIES MUST BE
          POSTMARKED ON OR AFTER JANUARY 1, 2005.

          Already several entries have been received and are being sent back.

          You will receive NO BENEFIT by sending early - as long as its
          postmarked in 2005 and we receive it before we meet in early
          February, you have the same chance of getting in. It is NOT first-
          come, first-served.

          Thank you, and hope everyone is gearing up for a great holiday season.

          Andrea Feucht
          Hardrock Hundred Board of Directors

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2005
            Hi You two,
            Did Blake get back to you on this? If we could have it the first week of
            Feb, that would be great!
            Happy New Year!!
            Dale

            On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:30:58 -0500
            "Steve Pero" <ultrastevep@...> wrote:

            > Hi Blake...
            > I've got a painting that I would like to submit for this year's finisher's
            >print.... when and how can I do that? This is an oil, so I will probably only
            >be able to submit a photo of it, unless you want the original mailed... If I
            >remember from previous year's, you start asking for these around the first of
            >theyear, but I wasn't sure...
            > thanks!
            > deb

          • Steve Pero
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 2, 2005
              okie dokie..... I think I'll try to get a really good photo of it, rather than mailing the whole darn thing. Unless, of course, you want the whole darn thing.

              How were your holidays? We have Durango and Silverton weather reports run regularly on our weather watcher page. Wish we were out there!
              Speaking of weather, there's several opinions about the seasons out here in New England.
              Some traditionalists think it's spring, summer, fall, and winter.
              Others are convinced that it's actually mud, fishing, tourist, and winter.
              Still others are sure that it is actually winter, still winter, almost winter, and two weeks in August.
              But for Steve and I, I do believe the year is divided into only two seasons. Post Hardrock (recovery, either frustration or elation, depending on how the run went)
              and Pre-Hardrock- the other six months of the year devoted to getting to Silverton the second week of July.

              As of Jan. 1, we are officially in Pre-Hardrock mode for 2005! Let the training begin!
              deb