Re: [hr100] Missing headlamp from the race

  • Jennifer Roach
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2004
      I don't have any good news about your headlamp, Dameon, but I wanted to
      tell you how much I enjoyed your report. I had tears in my eyes when I
      read the part about reaching the Finish line. You had a great crew and
      wonderful photos of them assisting you.

      Although I never entertained a thought of dropping, I was worried that I
      would not make the 48 hr cutoff. But that was not to be this time. I owe
      my finish to my husband and pacer, Gerry. He cracked the whip, starting
      at Dives-Little Giant Saddle at 3:00 am.I ran as hard as I could manage
      and he never stopped encouraging me. When I reached the 14th Street
      bridge in Silverton, a lady by a car with a raido yelled to Gerry and I
      "You can make it, Jennifer. You've got 20 minutes!" Then she keyed the
      raido mike and said "Jennifer Roach is at the Bridge!" I was so thrilled
      when I heard those words that my feet had wings for the next few blocks
      (sort of) and when I turned the corner at 14th and Reese and saw Dale
      G., I was so happy I ran the hardest sprint I could muster. Twenty yards
      away from glory, Jim Ballard (who had just finished) shouted "Hurry,
      Jennifer. You have only 6 seconds left!"He was just kidding, but I
      believed him. Boom. I slammed into the Hardrock before I laid my lips on
      it. I was laughing, crying, gasping-all at once. A moment which I shall
      never forget.

      See you all next year (I hope)

      Jennifer Roach

      damonmlease wrote:

      >It's looking pretty grim, but I figure I'll try one more message
      >before shelling out the $45 replacement cost.
      >
      >I accidentally left a Black Diamond Zenix headlamp at Virginius Pass
      >during the race. If anyone knows where it might be (still up there?),
      >I'd love to have it back. I'll gladly pay postage or whatever other
      >reasonable ransom demands its current owner might have.
      >
      >Thank you.
      >

      >Damon

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Deb
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2004
        For the mere cost of airfare and car rental, I'll go look for it in person!

        deb
        anything for a friend.

        damonmlease wrote:

        >It's looking pretty grim, but I figure I'll try one more message
        >before shelling out the $45 replacement cost.
        >
        >I accidentally left a Black Diamond Zenix headlamp at Virginius Pass
        >during the race. If anyone knows where it might be (still up there?),
        >I'd love to have it back. I'll gladly pay postage or whatever other
        >reasonable ransom demands its current owner might have.
        >
        >Thank you.
        >

        >Damon

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor