Missing headlamp from the race

  • damonmlease
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2004
      It's looking pretty grim, but I figure I'll try one more message
      before shelling out the $45 replacement cost.

      I accidentally left a Black Diamond Zenix headlamp at Virginius Pass
      during the race. If anyone knows where it might be (still up there?),
      I'd love to have it back. I'll gladly pay postage or whatever other
      reasonable ransom demands its current owner might have.

      Thank you.

      Damon
    • Jennifer Roach
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2004
        I don't have any good news about your headlamp, Dameon, but I wanted to
        tell you how much I enjoyed your report. I had tears in my eyes when I
        read the part about reaching the Finish line. You had a great crew and
        wonderful photos of them assisting you.

        Although I never entertained a thought of dropping, I was worried that I
        would not make the 48 hr cutoff. But that was not to be this time. I owe
        my finish to my husband and pacer, Gerry. He cracked the whip, starting
        at Dives-Little Giant Saddle at 3:00 am.I ran as hard as I could manage
        and he never stopped encouraging me. When I reached the 14th Street
        bridge in Silverton, a lady by a car with a raido yelled to Gerry and I
        "You can make it, Jennifer. You've got 20 minutes!" Then she keyed the
        raido mike and said "Jennifer Roach is at the Bridge!" I was so thrilled
        when I heard those words that my feet had wings for the next few blocks
        (sort of) and when I turned the corner at 14th and Reese and saw Dale
        G., I was so happy I ran the hardest sprint I could muster. Twenty yards
        away from glory, Jim Ballard (who had just finished) shouted "Hurry,
        Jennifer. You have only 6 seconds left!"He was just kidding, but I
        believed him. Boom. I slammed into the Hardrock before I laid my lips on
        it. I was laughing, crying, gasping-all at once. A moment which I shall
        never forget.

        See you all next year (I hope)

        Jennifer Roach

        damonmlease wrote:

        >It's looking pretty grim, but I figure I'll try one more message
        >before shelling out the $45 replacement cost.
        >
        >I accidentally left a Black Diamond Zenix headlamp at Virginius Pass
        >during the race. If anyone knows where it might be (still up there?),
        >I'd love to have it back. I'll gladly pay postage or whatever other
        >reasonable ransom demands its current owner might have.
        >
        >Thank you.
        >

        >Damon

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Deb
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2004
          For the mere cost of airfare and car rental, I'll go look for it in person!

          deb
          anything for a friend.

          damonmlease wrote:

          >It's looking pretty grim, but I figure I'll try one more message
          >before shelling out the $45 replacement cost.
          >
          >I accidentally left a Black Diamond Zenix headlamp at Virginius Pass
          >during the race. If anyone knows where it might be (still up there?),
          >I'd love to have it back. I'll gladly pay postage or whatever other
          >reasonable ransom demands its current owner might have.
          >
          >Thank you.
          >

          >Damon

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor