Re: [hr100] Digest Number 340

  • thetroubadour
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2004
      Ack!

      I see the al-Spama terrorists have even attacked our
      Hardrock listserv.

      Is nothing safe?

      Short answer = NO. Nothing is safe.

      Which reminds me of my (very) early daze as a part-time
      telephone survey-taker (such were the opportunities
      available to recent college grads during my era, which was
      shortly after the Civil War). In that job we randomly
      dialed (remember telephone DIALS?) phone numbers which were
      totally made up out of the vacuous air by some gigantic
      Univac-type corporate computer which spat them all out on
      punch cards (remember punch cards??). Thus and so, we were
      forever dialing up unwitting "prospects" who screamed, "How
      the hell did you get my number? It's unlisted!!"

      Do you now suppose al-Qaeda is generating tons of
      cyber-blogging spam (not to mention worms and viruses) by
      precisely those same means? Some kind of evil Third-World
      electronic Brainiac that spits out e-mail addresses
      willy-nilly in the hopes of thwarting the entire Free World
      and bringing the United States of America to its keyboarding
      knees???

      I think we should call up Bob Woodward and have him
      investigate.

      Meanwhile, have a nice day and DELETE this crap!!!

      Yours troubly,
      Rich Limacher
      TheTroubadour@...

      Yankee Folly of the Day: Our beloved President on a
      10-speed bicycle. Go potholes!!!

      _ _
      QQ