Re: [hr100] Attachments

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2003
      --- Tim Seminoff <tims@...> wrote:
      > Is it just my email system or can someone help?
      >
      > Many times when I receive an hr100 message, I am directed to "See the
      > attached file for details" but there is no attachment.
      >
      > This is what I see:
      >
      > Message: 1
      > Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 8:56:56 --0600
      > From: <StanJ@...>
      > Subject: Re: That movie
      >
      > See the attached file for details

      > Thanks for any info.
      >
      > Tim Seminoff

      It's the Sobig.F virus. If there were an attachment and you clicked on it,
      then your computer would start sending out copies of the virus to everyone
      in your address book and forge the return address to make it look like it
      came from someone else in your address book. Fortunately the list removes
      attachments.

      =====
      -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...
    • Stan Jensen
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27, 2003
        Tim Seminoff wrote:

        > Is it just my email system or can someone help?
        >
        > Many times when I receive an hr100 message, I am directed to "See the
        > attached file for details" but there is no attachment.
        >
        > This is what I see:
        >
        > Message: 1
        > Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 8:56:56 --0600
        > From: <StanJ@...>
        > Subject: Re: That movie
        >
        > See the attached file for details

        > Thanks for any info.
        >
        > Tim Seminoff

        Tim (and others),

        It's a good thing that you can't open that attachment. E-mails with
        "That movie" as the subject line are a result of the SoBig worm/virus.
        My system is not infected (I'm certain), but infected systems that have
        my e-mail address stored in certain files have caused numerous messages
        to be sent to me and "apparently" from me (as was that posting to the
        HR100 list. I'm currently getting several hundred e-mails a day as a
        result of this problem and can't wait for 9/13, when it's due to stop.

        Stan
        --
        Stan Jensen, 327 Greenway Dr., Pacifica, CA 94044-2920
        http://www.Run100s.com/ mailto:StanJ@...