Attachments

  • Tim Seminoff
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2003
      Is it just my email system or can someone help?

      Many times when I receive an hr100 message, I am directed to "See the attached file for details" but there is no attachment.

      This is what I see:

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 8:56:56 --0600
      From: <StanJ@...>
      Subject: Re: That movie

      See the attached file for details

      Thanks for any info.

      Tim Seminoff

    • Steve Pero
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27, 2003
        I believe these are virus attachments. I just delete them, even though they
        are cleaned by my virus software. I've received several from the list in the
        past week.
        I never open an attachment unless I know what it is and where it's from.

        Steve

        Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 8:56:56 --0600
        From: <StanJ@...>

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27, 2003
          --- Tim Seminoff <tims@...> wrote:
          > Is it just my email system or can someone help?
          >
          > Many times when I receive an hr100 message, I am directed to "See the
          > attached file for details" but there is no attachment.
          >
          > This is what I see:
          >
          > Message: 1
          > Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 8:56:56 --0600
          > From: <StanJ@...>
          > Subject: Re: That movie
          >
          > See the attached file for details

          > Thanks for any info.
          >
          > Tim Seminoff

          It's the Sobig.F virus. If there were an attachment and you clicked on it,
          then your computer would start sending out copies of the virus to everyone
          in your address book and forge the return address to make it look like it
          came from someone else in your address book. Fortunately the list removes
          attachments.

          =====
          -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...
        • Stan Jensen
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 27, 2003
            Tim Seminoff wrote:

            > Is it just my email system or can someone help?
            >
            > Many times when I receive an hr100 message, I am directed to "See the
            > attached file for details" but there is no attachment.
            >
            > This is what I see:
            >
            > Message: 1
            > Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 8:56:56 --0600
            > From: <StanJ@...>
            > Subject: Re: That movie
            >
            > See the attached file for details

            > Thanks for any info.
            >
            > Tim Seminoff

            Tim (and others),

            It's a good thing that you can't open that attachment. E-mails with
            "That movie" as the subject line are a result of the SoBig worm/virus.
            My system is not infected (I'm certain), but infected systems that have
            my e-mail address stored in certain files have caused numerous messages
            to be sent to me and "apparently" from me (as was that posting to the
            HR100 list. I'm currently getting several hundred e-mails a day as a
            result of this problem and can't wait for 9/13, when it's due to stop.

            Stan
            --
            Stan Jensen, 327 Greenway Dr., Pacifica, CA 94044-2920
            http://www.Run100s.com/ mailto:StanJ@...