Hardrock - Eat/Drink

  • Ulrich Kamm
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2003
      Deb (?) asked last week in an email what we ate and drank during the race.

      Here is what I had in 46:32 hours:

      Food:
      3 noodle soups, 1 potato soup
      5 small pieces salted potatoes
      2x 1/2 avocado
      1 banana
      1 small slice cheese
      2x 1/2 peanutbuter jelly sandwich
      2 Clif Bars
      5 Power Gels

      Drinks:
      1/2 gallon grapefruit juice mixed with water (40/60)
      1 gallon Revenge (sports drink)
      2 small bottles coke (1 "came back" immediately)
      1/4 gallon black tea

      Others:
      No "... caps" etc.
      No Ibuprofen, Advil etc.
      No salt tablets, but 2 tablespoons of Miso (paste: soy beans, rice, sea salt)

      Happy trails,
      Ulli