RE: [hr100] Mountain Lion Sighting

  • Steve Pero
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2003
      As I had mentioned after Hardrock in 2001, I did see a mountain lion coming
      down the road near Arrastra just before the camping area we run through. I
      had my doubts until I talked with Ginny's daughter and Joe Prusaitus, who
      were just in front and behind me and also saw it. I still had my doubts
      until this year when riding back to Silverton in a truck by a local guy who
      was picking up the Grouse drop bags after I dropped. He owns a local
      outfitting company and when I described what I saw (the yellowish, green
      eyes looking back at me) he said that it was most certainly a cat. He has
      seen many out there and said you cannot mistake those colored eyes for
      anything else. It would have scared me at the time, but I was too tired to
      care...

      see you all next year,
      Steve P.
      In case Todd doesn't post this to the HRH list, here it is.

      Randy Isler and I spotted the same large black bear near the Liberty
      Bell bunk houses coming into Telluride early on Saturday. That was a
      sight to behold, too. I've yet to see a mountain lion in the
      Silverton area but, I'm looking forward to it.

      Charlie