Re: [hr100] Pacers??

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3 9:07 AM
      If you don't have a pacer, hike and study the section from Chapman Gulch to
      Silverton very carefully. I found out the hard way that it looks totally
      different in the dark. Also, after 2 nights without sleep (and even before
      the second sunset) your brain doesn't work right, and it's very easy to get
      lost and very hard to see the flags. Don't rely on them. Pay attention
      especially above treeline.

      This experience is from a 51:38 DNF in 1998 after wandering alone in
      circles for 3 hours under a full moon near the top of Pole-Putnam divide.

      I will be pacing Hans Dieter Weisshaar so sorry I can't help (unless you
      stay at our pace, I guess about 46 hours).

      =====