Silverton Info

  • carolyn erdman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2003
      Couple information items.
      Free movies are shown on Tuesday at the Grand Imperial. See the Silverton Standard newspaper for the movie title. The Pianist will be shown 7/8
      Also the Ouray theater is up and running and shows first run films there. Thursday through Monday and may go to all week.
      Also Ducketts market in Ouray is doing the HRH food. We got a great deal from them so if any of you are there shopping be sure and say thanks.
      The Avalanche Coffee House is alive and well. They have new owners Jay Canode and Amy Williams, great folks. They have really expanded the menu as well as added breakfast bagel sandwiches.
      Actually we have 4 coffee houses in Silverton. Another new one this year is the Green Table open for Breakfast and Lunch has a juice/smoothie and coffee bar. Great healthful great tasting food. Coffeemine also has the Java Shack at the Y when you come into town.
      A new eating place called the Trail's End is definitely worth giving your business to. They are locate on main street across from Smedley's Ice Cream!!! They are also including a coupon in your runners packet.The other new place is the Explorer's Club. They are open late afternoon-a cook your own food place. They have a HUGE TV screen for those of you that want to see reruns of Jan Fiala in the Global Extremes. Or the Tour de France. The Gold King has an all you can eat Mexican buffet and I am told the Margarita's are great.
      And you cannot go wrong at the Brown Bear.
      That is my two cents.
      Looking forward to seeing all of you.

      Carolyn