4th of July parade

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23 7:45 AM
      The fun never stops!!
      The 4th of July is a great day to be in Silverton.If you'd like to stretch your downhill legs, there is a low-key 10K run in the morning; the Blue Ribbon 10K (named for the original entry fee of a 6-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon).Now you have to pay an actual entry fee but at least you get a t-shirt.
      Following the run, the HRH will actually have an entry in the Silverton 4th of July parade. If you are interested in being part of the parade festivities and you are in Silverton over the 4th of July we will be marching in the parade. Shoe tieing inspection will be at 9:30 a.m. at Charlie Thorn's house. This is a multi faceted theme entry-either your favorite running regalia or Hawaiian garb is the costume de jour. Be sure to wear something that you don't mind getting wet (if you've been here before you know why and if you haven't I don't want to ruin the surprise)
      Silverton also puts on a great fireworks display that night. We hope you can be there for the fun on the 4th before the "fun" on the 11th!
      Dale Garland
      RD, HRH