HRH Update

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 22, 2003
      Good Morning Hardrockers!!

      We are very excited that the 2003 HRH is 3 weeks away and we are looking forward to seeing everyone in Silverton.
      I'd like to update you on a feww things to help you plan for your run.
      We will not be sending out new runners manuals for this years run. Last year's manual contains all the information that is relevant for this year. If you have lost your manual, you can download it from our homepage. The only change that is needed is to put the corresponding 2003 dates in the 2002 calendar.
      Course marking begins next weekend (Saturday). The gathering point will be Charlie Thorn's house in Silverton (1354 Reese St.). Charlie will maintain an up to date schedule at his house. Once again this year, HRH will be providing each runner with a Colorado Hiking permit; you can pick yours up at the Silverton Visitors Center.
      Check- in for this years run will be on Wednesday (7/9) and Thursday (7/10). YOU MUST CHECK IN BY 11:00 A.M. ON THURSDAY OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SPOT IN THIS YEARS RUN.
      Some of you have contacted me regarding the snow conditions this year. The San Juans did receive about 72% of the average snowfall this year.We anticipate that most of that snow will be melted out by run weekend. The weather this past week has been mild with some rain but it is my prediction that the course will be relatively dry this year (Remeber a dry Hardrock course still contains it's fair share of water).
      The Joel Zucker Scholarship is alive and well.
      We continue to help students from Silverton High School with their post high school plans in the name of our favorite librarian. If you are interested in contributing to this scholarship, you can contact Andi Kron during the run festivities.
      The annual HRH pot-lick will be held on Wednesday, July 9, at Silverton Memorial Park prior to the long trail briefing. Bring a dish to share and your favorite HRH stories. Thaks to pacer coordinator and HRH BOD member Andrea Feucht for organizing this.
      We are very lucky to have artist and HRH participant Jon McManus as our featured artist this year. Jon's pen and ink drawing will be the finisher's print for 2003.
      We hope your training is going well and we'll see you in a short while.

      Dale Garland
      RD, HRH

      Message 2 of 12 , May 10, 2009
        Hi Everybody,
        A quick note to everybody to update you on what we have been doing to
        get ready this years Hardrock.
        a. The Runners Manual is finished and should be posted to the web
        shortly.
        b. I just got back from a hike up Kendall Mountain. The snow is melting
        quickly. We will keep you informed if anything changes but it looks as though
        the course should be dry for this year.
        c.WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING ALL OF YOU IN JULY. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE ON
        THE ACCEPTED RUNNERS LIST AND SOMETHING IS KEEPING YOU FROM RUNNING THIS YEAR
        PLEASE LET US KNOW BY JUNE 1. IF WE KNOW BY THEN WE WILL GIVE YOU A FULL
        REFUND. ADDITIONALLY, YOU WILL ALLOW SOMEONE ELSE ON THE WAIT LIST AN
        OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE SOME TIME TO PREPARE.
        d. As always we'd like to say thanks to our sponsors: Montrail/Mountain
        Hardwear, Black Diamond, Moebben Sleeves, Gu, Succeed Energy Products,
        Mountain Event Tents, Golden Peaks Spa. Optima Batteries, Zombie Runner and
        Dry Max Socks. If you have a chance to help support these companies please do
        so!
        See you all soon!
        Dale Garland
        RD, Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run
      • Erik Moortgat
        Message 3 of 12 , May 16, 2009
          Hi,
          What *energy replacement* drink is going to be available at the aid stations?
          Thanx,
          Moogy
        • Lois MacKenzie
          Message 4 of 12 , May 16, 2009
            We traditionally use Succeed. If there are changes we will let the group know.

            Keep in Touch,
            LMac

            What *energy replacement* drink is going to be available at the aid stations?
            Thanx,
            Moogy

          • Fred Ecks
            Message 5 of 12 , May 16, 2009
              Hey Moogy,

              Kroger's Canteen (Virginius Pass) had tequila shots last year, and I
              think Chapman's had margaritas...

              Hope this helps,

              - Fred (make mine a double)

              On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 06:47 -0500, Erik Moortgat wrote:

              > Hi,
              > What *energy replacement* drink is going to be available at the aid
              > stations?
              > Thanx,
              > Moogy
            • Erik Moortgat
              Message 6 of 12 , May 16, 2009
                THAT'S what I'm talking about!!

                Moogy

                On Saturday, May 16, 2009, at 08:49PM, "Fred Ecks" <fredx@...> wrote:
                >Hey Moogy,
                >
                >Kroger's Canteen (Virginius Pass) had tequila shots last year, and I
                >think Chapman's had margaritas...
                >
                >Hope this helps,
                >
                > - Fred (make mine a double)
                >

                >On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 06:47 -0500, Erik Moortgat wrote:
                >>
                >> Hi,
                >> What *energy replacement* drink is going to be available at the aid
                >> stations?
                >> Thanx,
                >> Moogy

              • Megan Baker
                Message 7 of 12 , May 18, 2009
                  Cunningham had margs as well, to go along with our Margaritaville
                  theme. Not too many hardrockers were interested in margs at mile 92.
                  Hmm, wonder why??? The aid station volunteers thought they were pretty
                  good though. :)
                  I am taking requests for what you want to see at Cunningham (1st aid
                  station) this year. Please let me know.
                  Also, if anyone is looking for a pacer, I am looking to pace someone 30
                  or 40 miles.
                  Looking forward to another amazing weekend!
                  Best,
                  Megan Baker, RD
                  Golden Gate Dirty Thirty
                  Cunningham Aid Station Coordinator

                  P.S. It's not too late to sign up for the Golden Gate Dirty Thirty.
                  Great training run for Hard Rock. 12,000 ft. of climbing in 31 mile
                  miles! Satruday June 6th. www.goldengatedirtythirty.org

                  Erik Moortgat wrote:

                  > THAT'S what I'm talking about!!
                  >
                  > Moogy
                  >
                  > On Saturday, May 16, 2009, at 08:49PM, "Fred Ecks" <fredx@...
                  > <mailto:fredx%40pobox.com>> wrote:
                  > >Hey Moogy,
                  > >
                  > >Kroger's Canteen (Virginius Pass) had tequila shots last year, and I
                  > >think Chapman's had margaritas...
                  > >
                  > >Hope this helps,
                  > >
                  > > - Fred (make mine a double)
                  > >

                  > >On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 06:47 -0500, Erik Moortgat wrote:
                  > >>
                  > >> Hi,
                  > >> What *energy replacement* drink is going to be available at the aid
                  > >> stations?
                  > >> Thanx,
                  > >> Moogy

                • Greg Hine
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 18, 2009
                    Hi Megan:

                    Ilse (Tai the dog) and I might be working communications at Cunningham,
                    depending on what Jim and Carol Lewin want to do. We have a small, white
                    travel trailer and will no doubt come out Thurs evening to set up. Do we
                    need to know anything?

                    Best,

                    Greg & Ilse Hine

                    Boulder, CO

                    Erik Moortgat wrote:

                    > THAT'S what I'm talking about!!
                    >
                    > Moogy
                    >
                    > On Saturday, May 16, 2009, at 08:49PM, "Fred Ecks" <fredx@...
                    <mailto:fredx%40pobox.com>
                    > <mailto:fredx%40pobox.com>> wrote:
                    > >Hey Moogy,
                    > >
                    > >Kroger's Canteen (Virginius Pass) had tequila shots last year, and I
                    > >think Chapman's had margaritas...
                    > >
                    > >Hope this helps,
                    > >
                    > > - Fred (make mine a double)
                    > >

                    > >On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 06:47 -0500, Erik Moortgat wrote:
                    > >>
                    > >> Hi,
                    > >> What *energy replacement* drink is going to be available at the aid
                    > >> stations?
                    > >> Thanx,
                    > >> Moogy

                  • Andy Hewat
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 18, 2009
                      Hmmm, requests? I am kind of partial to vegemite sandwiches. :)Andy

                      Message 10 of 12 , May 18, 2009
                        Well,
                        If I order it now maybe it will be here in time.  Or you could bring some and give it to me and I will make you a down under sandwich!

                        Megan Baker, RD
                        Golden Gate
                        Dirty Thirty

                        ________________________________

                      • Twiggsc@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 18, 2009
                          Please make sure those are clearly labeled :-)

                          From: Andy Hewat <hewat.andy@...>

                          Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 17:09:56
                          To: <hr100@yahoogroups.com>

                          Hmmm, requests? I am kind of partial to vegemite sandwiches. :)Andy

                          Message 12 of 12 , May 18, 2009
                            Dude, you are *NOT* welcome in this country! :-p

                            - Fred (totally looking forward to sharing trail with ya again actually)