Re: [hr100] Natural Water Sources

    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2003
      There is plenty of natural water on the Hardrock course. I can't think of
      any place where you would need to carry 2 full bottles. The longest
      sections are probably the climbs up Grizzley Gulch, Enginneer and Camp Bird
      roads. On the trails, water is frequent. The only natural water I
      wouldn't drink might be one stream near the top of the south side of
      Engineer where the rocks in the stream seemed to be bleached and the water
      had a strong mineral taste. I usually tend to avoid the larger rivers but
      I drank out of S. Mineral creek and the Animas river without any problems.
      If you've been drinking untreated water for awhile then you are probably
      immune to whatever is in it. So far the theory has worked for me.

      =====