Natural Water Sources

  • art_bourque
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2003
      Hi-

      I'm new to the list and a complete, total rookie...with a hopefully
      not too dumb question: I've spent quite a bit of time in the
      mountains and enjoy drinking from natural sources - streams, rivers,
      etc.

      Has anyone mapped-out or otherwise listed potential natural water
      sources on the Hardrock course?

      Thanks,

      Artemus Bourque
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2003
        There is plenty of natural water on the Hardrock course. I can't think of
        any place where you would need to carry 2 full bottles. The longest
        sections are probably the climbs up Grizzley Gulch, Enginneer and Camp Bird
        roads. On the trails, water is frequent. The only natural water I
        wouldn't drink might be one stream near the top of the south side of
        Engineer where the rocks in the stream seemed to be bleached and the water
        had a strong mineral taste. I usually tend to avoid the larger rivers but
        I drank out of S. Mineral creek and the Animas river without any problems.
        If you've been drinking untreated water for awhile then you are probably
        immune to whatever is in it. So far the theory has worked for me.

        =====