2003 HRH Course Marking

  • Charles T. Thorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2003
      Hello All,

      Below is the planned course marking schedule for 2003. We will start
      course marking at 9 AM on Saturday, June 28 from my house at 1354 Reese in
      Silverton. Subsequent days will begin at 7 AM from my house unless
      otherwise noted. Because the schedule will change, I will post the updates
      on the white board at the entrance to my house.

      I've found that a good pair of work gloves helps take the wear off your hands.

      Paulette Schmaltz is in charge of removing the flags from the course
      beginning as soon as the run starts. So, if you or your crew is interested
      in that, please contact her at: pjhiker@...

      Runners, crew, and others interested are welcome to join in the fun. This
      is a grea way to see the course, get aclimated, and meet other runners,
      dogs, elk, marmots, and maybe even a bear.

      I hope to see you up in Silverton.

      Charlie
      ------------------------------
      This Schedule Subject to Change

      Date Course Section Captain Comments
      Saturday 6/28 KT - Bear Creek (Silverton) Begin at 9 AM.
      Sunday 6/29 Chapman - KT.
      Monday 6/30 Sherman - Grizzly - Grouse Gulch
      Tuesday 7/1 Maggie - Sherman
      Wednesday7/2 Arrastra - Cunningham - Maggie
      Thursday 7/3 Engineer Pass - Bear Cr Tr (Ouray)
      Friday 7/4 Open Blue Ribbon 10K run in Silverton.
      Saturday 7/5 Backup
      Sunday 7/6 Telluride - Virginius
      Governor Basin - Virginius
      Rope Uncompaghre River
      Rope Mineral Creek
      Monday7/7 Telluride - Oscar's - Chapman
      American Basin if needed
      Tuesday7/8 Bear Cr. TH - Ouray - Governor
      Silverton - Arrastra
      Silverton - Bear Creek
      Wednesday7/9 Backup
      Thursday7/10 Remaining road sections

      Strip course Contact Paulette Schmaltz to help pull flags from the course.
      pjhiker@...
      Saturday7/12 Strip course
      Sunday7/12 Strip course