Bandelier 50 miler and Marathon

  • Charles T. Thorn
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2003
      Hello again,

      I got the date wrong - It's Saturday May 10.

      Charlie

      ------------------
      Hello Hardrockers,

      Los Alamos, NM hosts a 50 mile run and a marathon on May 11. I believe
      these runs provide excellent training for Hardrock. There is about 4000
      feet climb in the 50 miler and half that in the marathon. I'd like to
      encourage you to consider doing one of these in preparation for Hardrock.
      The altitude is fairly high (7000'). For more information and registration
      go to:

      http://www.highaltitudeathletics.org/

      Charlie Thorn
      Los Alamos, NM
    • Dr. Tyler Curiel
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2003
        Correction: The altitude is fairly LOW (7000'). /TC

        p.s. We are 6 feet below sea level here in New Orleans, and I get nose
        bleeds just going to the seventh floor.

        Los Alamos, NM hosts a 50 mile run and a marathon on May 11. I believe
        these runs provide excellent training for Hardrock. There is about 4000
        feet climb in the 50 miler and half that in the marathon. I'd like to
        encourage you to consider doing one of these in preparation for
        Hardrock.
        The altitude is fairly high (7000'). For more information and
        registration
        go to:

        http://www.highaltitudeathletics.org/

        Charlie Thorn