Bandelier 50 miler and Marathon

  • Charles T. Thorn
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17 2:48 PM
      Hello Hardrockers,

      Los Alamos, NM hosts a 50 mile run and a marathon on May 11. I believe
      these runs provide excellent training for Hardrock. There is about 4000
      feet climb in the 50 miler and half that in the marathon. I'd like to
      encourage you to consider doing one of these in preparation for Hardrock.
      The altitude is fairly high (7000'). For more information and registration
      go to:

      http://www.highaltitudeathletics.org/

      Charlie Thorn
      Los Alamos, NM
    • Charles T. Thorn
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17 2:50 PM
        Hello again,

        I got the date wrong - It's Saturday May 10.

        Charlie

        ------------------
        Hello Hardrockers,

        Los Alamos, NM hosts a 50 mile run and a marathon on May 11. I believe
        these runs provide excellent training for Hardrock. There is about 4000
        feet climb in the 50 miler and half that in the marathon. I'd like to
        encourage you to consider doing one of these in preparation for Hardrock.
        The altitude is fairly high (7000'). For more information and registration
        go to:

        http://www.highaltitudeathletics.org/

        Charlie Thorn
        Los Alamos, NM
      • Dr. Tyler Curiel
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17 2:51 PM
          Correction: The altitude is fairly LOW (7000'). /TC

          p.s. We are 6 feet below sea level here in New Orleans, and I get nose
          bleeds just going to the seventh floor.

          Los Alamos, NM hosts a 50 mile run and a marathon on May 11. I believe
          these runs provide excellent training for Hardrock. There is about 4000
          feet climb in the 50 miler and half that in the marathon. I'd like to
          encourage you to consider doing one of these in preparation for
          Hardrock.
          The altitude is fairly high (7000'). For more information and
          registration
          go to:

          http://www.highaltitudeathletics.org/

          Charlie Thorn