Greg Pirkl Update

  • Charles T. Thorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2003
      Last evening, I talked to Greg Pirkl's mother. Greg grew up in Los Alamos
      and is now a medical corpsman with the Marine Expeditionary Force in Iraq.
      Greg was able to make a phone call to his girl friend about a week ago. At
      that time, he was in or near Naseriyah working in the trauma section of a
      MASH field hospital. By now, she thinks his unit will be spending most of
      its time tending to civilians because the military action has pretty much
      ended. Greg's mother said he is in good shape and great spirits, except
      that there isn't much entertainment. If I had a way of communicating
      directly with him, I'd pass it on but, it's still a combat zone with all
      the associated restrictions.

      Charlie Thorn
      Los Alamos, NM