Lodging

  • LizNTom
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2003
      OK, here is another sour grapes about a particular motel in Silverton, but I also have a great alternative. Please consider not staying at the Red Mountain RV Park and Motel. We had a very bad experience there two years ago and Jim Ballard said it was Ok to use his name as having a bad experience there in the past. Plus the owner was one of the leaders in trying to get ATV's allowed on city streets. I know others have had OK experiences with him but I am sure that is only because nothing unusual came up.

      The alternative is the Avon Hotel. The owners are top of the line participant supporters. They were at the finish for every one of us no matter when. They are easy going and laid back. They reserve the 3rd floor for runners and crew only and have rooms with baths down the hall that are really, really cheap (plus they give discounts to runners). They prefer email contact but gave me their phone as well.

      Tom and Stephanie Burrell
      1134 Madison NE
      Salem, Oregon 97303
      tburrl@...