Lodging? Loathing? How's that going?

  • thetroubadour
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 13, 2003
      Hah!

      Not too subtle, my friend. More like, I'd be taking out a
      full-page ad in the New York Times, if I could afford it.

      Unfortunately, those proprietors have me already just about
      bankrupt.

      Hey! See ya soon, eh, Steve? You'll find me standing in
      line outside Charley's Soup Kitchen.

      Yours troubly troubled,
      Rich

      (Standing on his knees,
      prayin' Osama doesn't find out...

      ...about forest fires)

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 19, 2003
        Hey Troubie - why don't you make an offer to purchase The Wyman - of course
        at an extremely low offer! Then you could recoup your funds, make special
        accommodations to all your ultra and non-ultra running friends to come and
        stay any time at a special discounted room rate and run in the San Juans and
        fill the hotel and make it profitable!

        Taking full advantage of our blizzard snow conditions in the Denver, CO metro
        area where everything is at a standstill. Great mental health days! And the
        snow just keeps coming - a welcome sight for those of us fearful of early
        extreme forest fires! Heidi Schutt/ <A HREF="http://www.ontherun.com/runningdelights/">www.runningdelights.com</A>

      • thetroubadour
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 24, 2003
          Hi Heidi and Friends!

          I've just now started trying to dig my way out of all my
          unanswered e-mail, prior to my departure for Barkley.

          Of course, I'd just love to make such an offer to purchase
          this certain real estate in the sweetly hospitable and
          always stranger-welcoming town of Silverton, Colorado, but
          I'm afraid they would no longer accept as earnest money my
          fifteen thousand-odd unredeemed-so-far completely filled
          books of S&H Green Stamps.

          Maybe, though, if anyone else out there has some, uh,
          filled-up books of Top Value? We might form a partnership!

          Yours still in troubly,
          Rich "Limacher Hilton" Limacher
          TheTroubadour@...

          Unnoticed heir to the infamous luxury bed & breakfast chain

        • rundlts@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 24, 2003