Costs

  • LizNTom
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2003
      Hi Dale,

      I have been meaning to write you to ask about the costs for HR2002 that you weren't able to recover. Liz and I would like to pay our share of them in addition to last year's entry. Also, I assume you are not buying a HR-in-Training t-shirt this year since we never got full use out of our last one. But if you are, please save a few bucks and don't get Liz and I one.

      I am sending this to the HR list assuming there are others who feel like we do. That way we can each do whatever our conscious and/or wallets allow.

      I hope you are having a better winter than us. This has been the poorest one on record. We have about as much snow as you had last year. We finally got ten inches or so last week and woke up three days later to 40 degrees and a pounding rain! Oh well, lots of running and not much snowshoeing I guess.

      Tom and Liz
    • Dale and Marybeth
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 30, 2003
        Hi Liz and Tom, (and the rest of the Hardrock list)
        Thank you so much for the concern and thoughts. We were able to roll
        most of the costs from 2002 to 2003 without a lot of hassle. You are right,
        we won't be printing in-training shirts for 2003 so we hope you can get some
        use out of the 2002 shirts.
        We look forward to seeing a lot of you in July. The San Juans are looking a
        bit short of snow but according to our snow guru, Charlie thorn, we are
        still above where we were last year.
        Dale Garland
        RD, HRH
        > I have been meaning to write you to ask about the costs for HR2002 that
        you weren't able to recover. Liz and I would like to pay our share of them
        in addition to last year's entry. Also, I assume you are not buying a
        HR-in-Training t-shirt this year since we never got full use out of our last
        one. But if you are, please save a few bucks and don't get Liz and I one.

        > I am sending this to the HR list assuming there are others who feel like
        we do. That way we can each do whatever our conscious and/or wallets allow.

        > I hope you are having a better winter than us. This has been the poorest
        one on record. We have about as much snow as you had last year. We finally
        got ten inches or so last week and woke up three days later to 40 degrees
        and a pounding rain! Oh well, lots of running and not much snowshoeing I
        guess.

        > Tom and Liz

      • Stevan Pattillo
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 31, 2003
          Dale, I hope you wrapped the awards breakfast up really well so it will
          last until this July. Just a note; Those eggs could probably use a bit of a
          warming before they are served.
          SP
        • Gordon Hardman
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 31, 2003
            Steve,

            The Cusick's (Grouse aid station) actually made a ton of food, including
            breakfast burritos in prepartion for HR2002. In the end they cleaned out
            their freezer and took all of it down to the local homeless shelter! Its
            an ill wind that doesn't blow someone some good....

            Gordon

            Stevan Pattillo wrote:

            > Dale, I hope you wrapped the awards breakfast up really well so it
            > will
            > last until this July. Just a note; Those eggs could probably use a bit
            > of a
            > warming before they are served.
            > SP

            Gordon Hardman

            V.P., Chief Technical Officer email:
            geh@...
            CrossLink Inc. phone:
            303.473.9232 x101
            6185 Arapahoe Ave. fax:
            303.473.9660
            Boulder, CO 80303 W├śRUN

            we shall go
            Always a little further: it may be
            Beyond the last blue mountain barred with snow,
            Across that angry or that glimmering sea

            James Elroy Flecker "The Golden Journey to Samarkand"

            "The really frightening thing about middle age is the knowledge that
            you'll grow out of it."
            Doris Day

          • Steve Pero
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 31, 2003
              Hey, any movement on that wait list yet? Deb and I are still hopeful...
              Glad to see the list wake up...means we're starting to think Summer!...and
              running in those mountains!!!

              If so, we'll see you then...
              Steve