Re: [LT100Run] Re: [hr100] CRESTONES:> Why not a 100 in NM ?

  • kernkt@cybermesa.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2002
      There has been talk about a NM 100 (even a 50) off and on for as long
      as I've been here. Sooner or later we may get serious.

      Kris

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 25, 2002
        --- rock cogar <rock_cogar@...> wrote:
        > Matt, Hans, Groups,
        >
        > All this Class III-V stuff sounds fun, but the turnout
        > is a bit on the small side.

        Actually, there's no class 5 unless you're lost. However I'll consider
        making the Prow and Ellingwood's Arete part of the course if there's
        enough interest :-)

        Anyway I expect the turnout to be small, at least this year. Most big
        races started out this way. Western States had just 1 runner the first
        year because nobody thought it could be done. I'd enter now before
        there's a lottery :-)

        > Maybe it is time for a really hard (20,000' climb?)
        > 100 miler in New Mexico ??

        Good. Put one on. I'll run it.

        BTW, I should mention that when I called the race the "Crestone
        marathon and 100 mile fun run", I meant that while you are running 100
        miles on the X axis, you are running a marathon on the Y axis. 68,000
        feet of climb = 13 miles. 68,000 feet of descent = 13 miles. By
        similar reasoning, we would have the "Leadville 10K" and "Hardrock Half
        Marathon".

        =====