Crestone Marathon results

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13 4:12 PM
      By unanimous agreement of all participants (Mike Bur and me) at the
      pre-race meeting at the Leadville Hostel, there was a slight change in
      the Crestone Marathon yesterday, which was renamed the Holy Cross Half
      Marathon (due to both of us being complete wimps). Also, the start
      time was moved to 10:20 AM (we are not morning people). The route
      started at the Tigiwon road trailhead off US 24 (about 30 miles north
      of Leadville) at 10,300 ft, climbed to Halfmoon Pass, and circled the
      Halo Ridge clockwise, rock hopping over an endless series of 13,000 ft.
      peaks before summitting Holy Cross at 14,005 ft. It included about an
      hour of class 3 climbing around Notch Mountain. The results are:

      Matt Mahoney, 8:40
      Mike Bur, 8:40

      There is a rule that in case of a tie, a tiebreaker will be held the
      next day. However, Mike insists I was a few seconds ahead at the trail
      register, and who am I to argue?

      Next year I won't schedule the race so close to Leadville 100. It
      seems some people like to taper for this.

      =====

      HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
      http://www.hotjobs.com