Crestone marathon - last call

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8 5:09 PM
      If you are planning on running the Crestone marathon on Monday, I need
      to know now. As of now, only Mike Bur and I are entered. Run details
      are at http://geocities.com/matmahoney/crestone/

      Mike and I climbed Challenger from Willow Creek on Tuesday. This was
      his first day at altitude, so he turned back while I went to Kit Carson
      and back in 90 minutes. Total time was 8:30. Yesterday (Wed) we did
      the Crestone traverse, Peak to Needle from the Cottonwood trail in 14
      hours. The class 4 climb to the Needle felt very hard and exposed to
      me, more like 5.6. I know that's easy, but not when you are not on a
      rope and there is 1500 feet of exposure. I was more scared there than
      on Capitol or the Maroon Bells traverse last week. We had hail and
      rain on the descent from Crestone Needle. The traverse took 3 hours,
      which is a 6:00/mile pace (that's 6 hours per mile).

      =====

      HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
      http://www.hotjobs.com