2003 Hardrock Hundred

  • dale garland
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12, 2002
      Today was supposed to be the start day for the 2002 Hardrock Hundred. I
      woke up today not quite sure what I was supposed to do, no runners to
      check in, no "Hardrock" to climb and send you all on your way, so I went
      and had a big breakfast instead. Not quite as meaningful but I did
      manage to get through it.
      I have had many questions about how we are going to handle selecting
      entries for the 2003 HRH. Here goes:
      a. Those runners who were accepted for the 2002 run will be given the
      first opportunity to roll their entry over to the 2003 run.
      b. Spots given up by those runners will be offered to those runners
      accepted on the 2002 wait list in the order of their position on the
      list.
      c. BECAUSE OF THE LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE ON THE 2002 WAIT LIST, WE WILL
      NOT BE ACCEPTING ANY ADDITIONAL ENTRIES FOR THE 2003 HARDROCK.
      d. If we do go through every person on the wait list and still have
      openings, I will make it public that we are accepting entries on the HR
      homepage, HR list serve and the ultra list serve.
      d. Each of you who fit into either "a" or "b" above will be receiving
      something in the mail from the HRH soon.
      So long for now from the hot and dry (but no longer smokey) San Juans!!
      Dale Garland
      RD, HRH
    • pattomada1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2002
        Hi Dale..... .I did get the news about HR been cancelled....I bet it was a
        difficult decision but after all... a decision !!..

        We know ...decisions are never easy.... Often they require one to give up
        something...

        In this case I believe we all gave up something we love and do for two days..

        I trust we all gave up two days of "fun" and hard running in favour of the
        very nature that makes us all run the HR which is to be in touch with the
        "spiritual" surroundings..

        Those surroundings we can find along the HR course..

        Looking deep down in our hearts I am sure we would never want to see those
        surroundings changed and lost forever ...We want them to be there for the
        years to come and for many like of us to enjoy...God Bless...

        Same here... I did wake up this AM at 4:00 and something was missing.??!..But
        the thought of knowing the weather there was helping the situation was
        comforting....and so it was knowing the surroundings were preserved....

        I am looking forward to run the course next year...

        Dale be good..See you... Patrick

      • Laura & Todd Burgess
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 26, 2002
          Dale,
          Please take me out of the entry pool for the 2003 Hardrock Hundred. I have
          accepted a job in Tampa, Fla., and am going to substitute swimming in the
          Gulf of Mexico, triathlons, golf and tennis for running and hiking up
          mountains.
          I would like whatever money would normally be refunded to me to be divided
          like this:
          1. Take your wife to the nicest dinner you can. My way of saying thanks to
          her for letting you do your important duties as race director. And my way of
          saying thanks to you.
          2. Buy yourself a pair of shoes that you really like.
          3. If any money is left over, please put it in Joel's scholarship fund.
          Thanks for three chances at your once-in-a-lifetime event. I really don't
          see myself running it again.
          It kicks ass to be me.
          Todd Burgess
          Senior sports designer
          The Tampa Tribune

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 14, 2003
            The final results for this years Hardrock Hundred Endurance run have been posted to our homepage (www.run100s.com/HR or www.Hardrock100.com)
            We had the more finishers this year that we have ever had at a HRH and the second highest finishing percentage ever. The weather was hot and dry but our runners persevered! Congratulations to everyone who finished or attempted this years run!
            Many thanks to all the volunteers who were at this years run. As with any run, these people were key in making this run possible.
            Entry requirements for the 2004 Hardrock will be posted to our homepage by August 1st.

            Dale Garland
            RD, HRH