Skip to search.

Big Bear 15 mile run

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2002
      Don't let all your Hardrock training go to waste. Let's have some fun in
      the mountains.

      Sat. Aug. 3. Big Bear 15 mile, Little Bear 5K, and 2 peaks fun run. The 15
      mile and 5K traverse Little Bear, Blanca, and Ellingwood. The 14.9 mile fun
      run skips Little Bear, and is the same course as Mark Dorion's run with a
      couple miles of flat road at the beginning and end removed. See
      http://geocities.com/matmahoney/bigbear/index.html

      Mon. Aug. 12. Crestone Marathon. This crosses Challenger, Kit Carson,
      Humboldt, Crestone Peak, and Crestone Needle. I would also like to do some
      training climbs in the area around Aug. 6-8. See
      http://geocities.com/matmahoney/crestone/index.html

      Due to the extreme nature of these runs, I don't have the dates listed on
      the web pages. Let me know if you are interested. Dates may be postponed a
      day or two if the weather is bad.

      I will be in Colorado from July 23-Aug. 26 for the Leadville bike and run
      and Nolan's 14. I will also be at the Crested Butte 25 miler on July 28 and
      would like to meet up with anyone interested in doing some climbing in the
      Elks range around that time.

      -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...
    • Steve Pero
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10, 2002
        ...or the the case of me and Deb...Vermont 100! Last minute entrants...

        BTW: Charlie, that was a very good message you sent earlier. Wish I were
        there with you guys...

        see you all next year!
        Steve Pero