Re: [hr100] Hardrock Hundred Cancellation

  • jan gnass
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 27, 2002
      Dale, John and HR board members,

      This must have been a very tough decision but it was for sure a very prudent
      one. I'm betting the Forest managers and fire management people will be
      very appreciative of this effort as it will surely simplify their task at
      hand. What they don't need is more fires and exposures to worry about.
      Thanks for your hard work.
      See you all next year.

      Jan Gnass
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 29, 2002
        Dale,

        I'm so sorry that this has happened after all the hard work you and the
        other race committee members have put in on the run. Even though I had
        to drop out this year, my thoughts would have been with all the runners
        and volunteers. I hope that the San Juans will eventually recover from
        the brutal effects of the fires and that the HRH will again be the most
        beautiful run in the world.

        Best,

        Roger

      • HD.weisshaar@T-Online.DE
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 29, 2002
          Friends,

          the first schock hit me in Governor Basin on Wednesday noon, when the
          Turners reported the cancellation. Sadness, emptiness, not meeting the
          friends, no run.

          The second schock came an hour later: NO SNOW at Virginius!

          And there is almost no snow at Oscar's and just a finger thick running
          water in Porcupine! Dry.

          I met Lisa yesterday and told her: Can you imagine, what would happen
          with the future of the race if the the run produces a new fire and
          kills trees, plants, animals, maybe humans.

          Susi and I are still sad and recovering just very slowly, but the
          decicion of the board is a must and inevitable.
          See all of you next year at the latest.

          Hans und Susi
        • Kris
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2002
            Ginny,

            so are you going out to Ed's run? What is your plan? I need to decide
            this week if I'm going there or PD.

            Kris