Re: [hr100] Ride from Durango to Silverton?

  • Gordon Hardman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2002
      Keith,

      There are buses taking tourists up to Silverton still. You should check
      with the Durango COC.

      Gordon

      keithknipling wrote:

      > Like many of us, I am concerned about the status of the fires out
      > West. I heard last night that the Durango-Silverton Narrow Gauge
      > Railroad was shut down due to the Missionary Ridge fire near
      > Durango. I found a local news website that has up to date maps of
      > the fire here:
      >
      > http://www.9news.com/storyfull.asp?id=3644
      >

      > It seems that the fire is fairly well confined, and Silverton is not
      > in immediate danger. Let us hope.
      >

      > On a related note, my dad, Gary, and I are arriving in Durango on
      > Saturday. We are not renting a car; instead, we were relying on the
      > train to get us to Silverton. Now that that is not a viable option,
      > does anyone have any tips on how to get to Silverton? See everyone
      > in a few weeks!
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Gordon Hardman

      V.P., Chief Technical Officer email:
      geh@...
      CrossLink Inc. phone:
      303.473.9232 x101
      6185 Arapahoe Ave. fax:
      303.473.9660
      Boulder, CO 80303 W├śRUN

      we shall go
      Always a little further: it may be
      Beyond the last blue mountain barred with snow,
      Across that angry or that glimmering sea

      James Elroy Flecker "The Golden Journey to Samarkand"