Re: Can I Ask Y'all (again) for a Favor to Help Save Hardrock???

  • Kris
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 20, 2002
      Rich,

      Take another look at the Durango Herald article. The management of the RR
      suspended operations because the conditions frightened them so much. No
      one has shut them down. They currently plan to resume operations July 3 if
      conditions permit.

      Ask anyone that has a fire looming in their local forest if they would
      prefer economic hardship. Or those that lost a house.

      Conditions are that bad out here. LANL posts data on moisture content of
      trees. It is currently off the bottom of the scale - too low to measure,
      which means below 3%. You can get wood with more moisture at Home
      Depot. The fire near Durango was started with a dropped cigarette butt or
      a spark on a road. It doesn't take much. I for one think they made the
      right choice.

      Kris

    • Marc Witkes
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 25, 2002
        Knock it off, please, Rich. There is a new fire today. I love HardRock as
        much as anyone but the race will still be here next year. My beautiful
        wilderness continues to burn and that will not be back next year.

        Marc Witkes
        Durango, Colorado

      • Rich Limacher
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 25, 2002
          Read the sequel.

          Knock it off, please, Rich. There is a new fire today. I
          love HardRock as
          much as anyone but the race will still be here next year. My
          beautiful
          wilderness continues to burn and that will not be back next
          year.

          Marc Witkes
          Durango, Colorado

          Free $5 Love Reading