HRH and Fire

  • dale garland
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2002
      For everybody interested,
      Here is the latest update on the Missionary Ridge fire in SW Colorado.
      The fire has burned approx. 20,000 acres, which is a good size fire! It
      is currently tracking to the south and the east of the Hardrock course
      making much of the skies around here look like a bad day in LA. Weather
      reports indicate a "wind event" ???? for Tuesday, which may have a
      significant impact, positively or negatively, on the path of the fire.
      As of today there have been no closures of public lands on or near the
      HRH course. If anything changes I'll post them to both of these lists.
      Hoping for rain and no wind!!!
      Dale Garland
      RD, HRH
    • Roger Wiegand
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 19, 2002
        I have had to cancel out of the Hardrock this year, thanks to an inflamed
        tendon sheath. I'm OK now, but I missed a month of training, and the
        doctors I have seen here (in Italy) say that it would be insane to try the
        run this year. For once I have reluctantly decided to apply some common
        sense. (I hope this does not become a tradition.) Anyway, Judy Graham at
        the Wingate house now has an opening, since Sylvia and I will not be there
        this year. Contact her (Sliverton --- there's a website too) --- if you
        need a place to stay.

        Roger

        --

        Roger A. Wiegand