Re: [hr100] RE: Hardrock Training

  • Stevan Pattillo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2002
      Charlie, thank you for clearing the air for those of us that are a bit
      nervous about the Hardrock course. However, I still have a few questions.
      Is the celebrity bocce ball tournament still scheduled for Saturday night
      on Handies? If so, is it BYOBB, or will complimentary bocce balls be
      provided? Also, is the Kendall Mountain Cafe still planning an
      all-you-can-eat fried pork rind and chitlin breakfast for the Oklahoma
      runners on race morning?
      Thanks again
      Steve
    • Rich Limacher
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2002
        Speaking of "scheduling," y'all...

        In my latest cellophane package containing my: a) July
        issue of Trail Runner Magazine, b) shoe ads and other
        brochures, c) invoice and threat to shut off all future
        issues of Trail Runner Magazine unless I: 1) RENEW TODAY, 2)
        PAY UP, or 3) CHECK THE BOX AND WE'LL BILL YOU LATER, well,
        along with all that (complete with the full-page ad + 3
        overlapping photos of Catra Corbet on page 21 -- WOW! Makes
        me want to buy jewelry!) comes this *other* brochure
        entitled "Telluride 360-degree Adventure Festival, Presented
        by Subaru," complete with a full calendar of big-time
        hot-shot events from July 7th through the 16th. And another
        full-page ad on the back cover saying: "Everyone's invited
        to a BIG PARTY Saturday Night, July 13, 7 p.m."

        Yessir. That spans the length and breadth of--you got
        it--OUR RUN!

        (Good thing I'm not "scheduled" to arrive in Telluride till
        Sunday morning, eh?)

        Anybody out there in festival-deprived Colorado know about
        this?

        Is this some kind of big-time, big-money comeuppance to our
        now National Geographically famous event?

        Will it be televised? Can I tape it for viewing later in my
        hotel room?

        Will Montrail be there selling shoes and advertising space?
        Will Catra? (I would like to buy an ad tattooed on her left
        leg, just above the knee, please.)

        Ohmigod. I just can't WAIT to meet the "Luna Women's
        Mountain Bike Team and other pro athletes, bid on amazing
        products & trips at the Silent Auction, stay for the great
        music and Dance Party, info at clifbar.com, proceeds from
        cover charge and Silent Auction to benefit The Breast Cancer
        Fund."

        Just, uh, readin' my mail, y'all.

        See you in a couple of weeks. You bring the jug and
        washboard; I'll bring the fiddle.

        Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-HAH!!!!!!!

        Ricard von Bismarck
        TheTroubadour@...
        "The Jelly-Filled Doughnut
        Formerly Baked by Your Neighborhood Barkley
        But Now Freshly Fried
        With My Neighborhood Cattle Meringue*"

        *I owe Geri K. for this term which is the new name for the
        KM100.