[hr100] Re: Giardia

  • Ginny La Forme
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 29, 2000
      I agree with Charlie , that Giardia infection is a horrible experience. I
      also believe that many people say they have had Giardia, when , in fact,
      they didn't actually have a positive culture for the organizm. There are
      many things which can cause gastro intestinal symptoms, and I have
      personally experienced most of them, including shigelliases, amoebiases, e
      coli ( I grew up in Latin America ). It took me months to recover fully
      from the giardia, in spite of prompt treatment.

      However, as Charlie says, no one has been proven to have gotten it on the
      course yet, so I am going to drink out of the safer seeming areas if I run
      out of water ( as I have before. )

      Ginny La Forme rlaforme@...
      325 Onate St. 505-753-3291
      Espanola, NM 87532 505-753-8340